Cognos Analytics 11.0.8 Release:
Release 8 of Cognos Analytics was launched in September and focuses on time saving efficiencies and making visualisations easier to understand. The Cognos team included many features in response to user requests for enhancements (RFE) along with ways to make it easier to administer and manage your BI environment.
Some New Features include:
- Faster and more precise dashboard and report creation, including the addition of latitude and longitude layer in reporting
- Customising your experience, such as uploading custom images
- Faster data preparation with capabilities such as faster data set creation
- Better visibility and control of your BI and analytics environment
- Easy tracking of dashboard usage with support for auditing
- Additional data sources including MongoDB Connector for BI2.2.1, Spark SQL 2.1 Thrift Server, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Amazon Redshift and more
- Creating a data set has been enhanced with a “design view” so there is no need to wait for data retrieval while designing a data set
- General users can now manage their schedules and subscriptions via the interface
Dashboards and stories:
- Some visualizations allow you to add shadows to labels and increase the contrast of labels
- When building a dashboard with data sources that have multiple data source connections and/or sign-ons, you will be promoted to select a connection and/or sign-on
- Highlight data in a story
- Play all scenes/continuously loop through a story
- Added latitude/longitude location in a map – now with the ability to show data for one location either as a filled region, a point, a latitude/longitude point, or a combination of these locations
- Label enhancements (as in dashboards)
- Now save reports in an XML format
- Ad images from an image gallery to a report (as in Dashboard)
- Data module diagram has been redesigned, including changes to the cardinality settings
- Cognos for MS Office V11 has been released
- And much more !
Cognos Analytics (formerly BI) 10.2.x - End of Life Support
IBM have announced end of support for Cognos Business Intelligence 10.2.x versions (In alignment with continued enhancements to IBM Cognos Analytics v11). IBM has announced April 30, 2018 as the official end of support for Cognos BI 10.2.x versions.
To help with this Transition, we are offering the following:
- Customers currently on Cognos BI 10.2.x can avail of a Free Demo offer of the latest version of Cognos Analytics to explore the enhanced analytical capabilities with Cognos 11.
- Or alternatively, if you need any further information on what this end of support means for your environment, or if you’d like to discuss an upgrade, please complete the form below and Our Cognos Team will be in touch to progress.
For all other News & Updates on the Cognos Technology Platforms – Visit Our Communities @
Free Cognos Consultation Offer
To help with this Transition – Customers currently on Cognos BI 10.2.x can avail of a Free Demo offer of the latest version of Cognos Analytics to explore the enhanced analytical capabilities with Cognos 11. Or alternatively, if you need any further information on what this end of support means for your environment, or if you’d like to discuss an upgrade, please complete the form and Our Cognos Team will be in touch to progress.