HOW CAN I GET INSIGHTS QUICKLY FROM A DATA SET?+
- We often get sets of data sent to us from suppliers or exports of data from own systems so that can analyse them. Most of us take this type of data into Excel and do some work/analysis there – it’s not always the most intuitive and can be difficult to get insights without knowing the right question to ask.
- Watson Analytics allows you to upload data easily and to prepares a number of views immediately for you. You can use these views as starting points. Watson will choose the most appropriate way to visualise the data depending on the content. You can amend as you go but it will continue to show other potential insights. At any stage you can ‘keep’ an insight and use later to form an infographic.
- Not only that, but Watson Analytics can show you patterns and business drivers in your data that can enable new opportunities and possibilities.
- It’s free to start, with paid editions for larger data volumes and integration with Twitter, Weather Company and Cognos.
I want to segment my customers?+
- For many businesses profits are generated from specific segments of customers. Understanding the profile of those customer can help identify new opportunities but also allow to generate strategies to keep your existing customers.
- However, the data that allows you perform valid segmentation may be on different systems, the data may have different identifiers for the same customer, some data may be external to your organisation and some data may be unstructured!
- Gather the data you require, may be on a spreadsheet (s). This may include demographics, behavioural and subjective data generated internally. You can then use SPSS statistical algorithms to creating segmentations. There are many algorithms available to generate segmentations such as:
- Two step
- Decision Trees
- Nearest neighbour
- Each of these algorithms has strengths and weaknesses, depending on the amount of data you have, the type or characteristics of the variables, and your end purpose in classifying the data.
What are Data Scientists?+
- Decision making is data driven in many organisations so when if come to big decisions like acquiring a business, expanding into a new territory or launching new product a lot of data is gathered and analysed as part of the process.
- The data required can come from many sources and systems and people need to have a lot of skills around databases, data extraction and statistical analysis of data.
- Data scientists have those skill but are also inquisitive: exploring, asking questions, doing “what if” analysis, questioning existing assumptions and processes.
- They are also good at communicating informed conclusions and recommendations to an organisation’s management team.
- ProStrategy can provide you with a Data Scientist from our team who can work with you on once-off projects.
What We Do
Analytics mean different things to different people - we guide you along the analytics journey. By understanding where you are and what you are trying to achieve we can identify the paths available and recommend how to proceed. The solutions for the following may look quite different but they all allow business users to analyse information, get insights and make better decision.+
Irregular analysis of data sets such as Nielsen data, external market research, data exports from internal systems and external systems
- Daily Analysis of sales to view trends, good/poor performance, best/worst customers/products/sales people
- Regular Financial reporting such as P&L reporting to people like Store Managers in Retail, Plant managers in manufacturing
- Analyse web site clicks to understand stickiness or where people leave site on a regular basis
- Segment our customer to understand our most profitable customer to more effectively target new customers
- Visually understand the impact of absenteeism on manufacturing quality and efficiency
- I have large data sets being generated from machine sensors on buildings (fridges in Retail), manufacturing lines. What data is valuable, trustworthy – how can I get insights.
Maybe all of the above! We can help build you a road-map and guide you along the way.