MY EXCEL PLAN IS DIFFICULT TO MANAGE?+
- Excel is so flexible but there comes a time when data volumes make it cumbersome or collaborating with a number of people make it difficult to manage.
- We help our customers to build planning models that are flexible and scale easily. The model secures the data but allows you to easily share the elements that you need others to contribute to, making them more accountable! You can still choose to use Excel to input or report data, but the data is now stored in a managed database.
I’D LIKE TO ADAPT BEST PRACTICES?+
- Many of our customer implement best practices such as driver based planning and rolling forecasts. We make it easy to create plan versions so that you can monitor progress/compare versions or evaluate potential scenarios such as best case / worst case outcomes.
- Operational and financial plans can be fully integrated so that data flows from operational activities such as sales forecasting, demand planning, head count planning, production costing right through to P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow planning.
CAN I LINK MY PLAN TO KPI's?+
- Many organisations have a number of KPI’s that help them run their business. The targets for those KPI very often come from the planning process so we build models that integrate KPI’s target setting with your planning activities. Import of Actuals can be automated from your business systems in many cases, but there may be other qualitative type data that may need to be manually input or taken from spreadsheets. Both can easily be incorporated into a planning model.
I DON’T SPEND ENOUGH TIME ANALYSING?+
- For many collecting the data to report against plan (budget or forecast) can be a very time consuming process. We build solutions that automate actual data loads to the planning model, so that there is a single place where actuals and plans (versions of budgets and forecasts) exist for analysis. Specific views or reports can be built over the data or ad-hoc analysis, drill or visualisation can be performed.
IS BOARD/MANAGEMENT REPORTING INTEGRATED?+
- We help Finance teams to prepare and automate the Finance Reporting processes from disclosure management regulatory reporting through to the close, consolidate and report process.
- We can integrate board and management packs to trusted data sources so that report packs are updated automatically for each reporting period. The use of variables such as #Revenue in reports ensure that you have consistency throughout your report packs and the use of workflow can be used to manage contribution and document review.
- This allows you to focus on the narrative/commentary that can be easily added to your reports using common office tools such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
What We Do
Firstly, we need to understand the KPIs in your business and the key drivers behind them. From there we can work with you to design a KPI/planning model that will help you drive better performance.+
Decisions are made around the level of detail required in your plan, version management (Budget, forecast revisions), and who needs to contribute/review/approve the plan . We will always be seeking ways of implementing best practices such as Driver Based Planning or Rolling forecasts.
We always need to understand the reporting requirement and the needs of the various stakeholders. Where possible we will automate data uploads from source systems and reporting output but ad-hoc analysis and report will always be available. All our key people will have 10 years’ experience implementing Planning and Analytic solutions for our customers. We will bring this experience to bear to empower you to make better decisions and improve performance.
Here are some of the Performance Management services that we provide to our customers;
- Define Planning (Budgeting/Forecasting) Best Practice
- Architect KPI/Planning Solution
- Project Planning & Management
- Model Planning Solution
- Report & Dashboard Design and Development
- Long Term Support and Advisory service