Why Data Performance Matters
To incorporate real-time analytical insights into business processes and systems – you must provide a scalable, integrated high-performance Data infrastructure to make it easier for organisations to extract the full value from your data to accelerate performance-intensive analytics.
- Big data volumes
- Increasingly complex analytic workloads
- Growing user communities
- Business requirements for real-time operation …..
These are just a few of the challenges IT, Data and Analytics Departments face. The good news is that a high-performance data & analytics infrastructure is helping data-driven organisations meet these challenges, achieve speed – and scale as needed AND delivering Key Performance Insights to help make Better, Faster & more Accurate Decisions.
Top 10 priorities for a High-Performance Data & Analytics Infrastructure:
(Excerpts From the TDWI – The Data Warehousing Institute Best Practice Report – High-Performance Data Warehouse Report). This quick guide will help you determine your business needs and technology requirements).
High-performance data warehouse solutions abound, but there are a few things you need to know to ensure success. Here are some of the top 10 priorities to consider when implementing a high-performance data & analytics infrastructure platform:
- Enable new business practices based on high-performance business intelligence (BI) data warehousing (DW), data integration and analytics.
- Make real-time operation your first priority for high-performance data warehousing.
- Make scalability your second priority.
- Hardware: Use it, but don’t abuse it.
- Select database platforms and analytics tools that are designed for high performance.
- Rely on specialised platform and tool functionality for certain performance gains.
- Consider the many new architectures that boost performance.
- Keep your performance optimisation skills sharp and current.
- Design and develop with high performance in mind.
- Develop and apply a technology strategy for high-performance data warehousing.