Explore the future of Microsoft Dynamics 365
Business Central (NAV)
Date: 25 April 2019 / Time: 9am – 12.30pm / Venue: Microsoft Ireland HQ
Who Should attend?
Anyone interested in the future statement of direction of Microsoft Dynamics NAV
9am Registration and welcome
Welcome and Introduction to NAV NOW
9.30am Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (NAV) – A business focused overview of a fully functional ERP solution | Joe Kelly, Business Solutions Director, ProStrategy
Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Intelligent Business Solutions
9.40am Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Drive digital transformation with a new approach to business applications | Peter Lougheed, Sales Lead at Microsoft
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (NAV) - Why Upgrade?
9.55am Explore the latest functionality including enhanced Power BI Integration | Eoin Haberlin, Analytics Architect & Joe Byrne, Consulting Manager, ProStrategy
11.05am Opportunity to mingle with other NAV customers.
Key considerations for your NAV Upgrade
11.35am What Are the Specific Components of Your NAV System to Consider Before an Upgrade | Joe Kelly, Business Solutions Director, ProStrategy
The Microsoft Dynamics Family
11.50am The Microsoft Dynamics Family – A story of integrated solutions | Joe Kelly, Business Solutions Director, ProStrategy
Summary / Q&A
12.10pm Summary and Q&A Session | The Presentation Panel
12.30pm Lunch & learn with the Industry Experts
Why upgrade to Dynamics NAV 2018?
Microsoft will support Dynamics NAV 2018 until at least January 2023. As an added bonus, upgrading to Dynamics NAV 2018 ensures a seamless transition to Dynamics 365 Business Central (on premises/hosted edition) or cloud version
Greater integration with business applications
Dynamics NAV 2018 can be integrated with Office 365 and other business applications. This will provide users with a comprehensive set of business tools with the familiar Office interface. For SMBs, this represents a complete business solution.
Dynamics NAV 2018 provides improved capability to support Extensions. This makes it easier to customize the application because all customizations are going to become Dynamics NAV Extensions.
Automation and Artificial Intelligence
Dynamics NAV 2018 incorporates Artificial Intelligence and advanced algorithms to support cognitive services and high levels of automation.
Interaction with Microsoft Flow
Dynamics NAV 2018 interacts with Microsoft Flow. This enables users to create and automate workflows across multiple applications and services, improving productivity and efficiency.
Users can customize their Dynamics NAV 2018 workspace to match their job function and personal preferences. This can improve productivity and user experience.
Data sharing with CRM systems
Users can share data seamlessly between Dynamics NAV 2018 and their CRM (customer relationship management) system. This ensures customer information is consistent across both systems.
REST API extended
Dynamics NAV 2018 has simplified integration of third-party applications and services with a new feature for REST API. The interface provides access to 44 business entities covering core sales and financial information.
To speed up reporting, users can now generate and preview content directly in Dynamics NAV 2018.
Improved cheque printing
Modification of the printing format in Dynamics NAV 2018 allows users to print three cheques per page.
Pre-configured Excel reports
Dynamics NAV 2018 incorporates a new option in the Business Manager and Accountant Role Centers – preconfigured Excel reports. Users can easily open and review financial statements created in Excel.
Larger EC Sales Lists reports
Users can now submit longer EC Sales List reports with more than 9999 lines.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Capability
Manage your financials – Accelerate financial close and report with accuracy, while ensuring compliance.
Automate and secure your supply chain – Increase visibility across your supply chain and gain greater control over your purchasing process.
Sell smarter and improve customer service – Maximize revenue opportunities and better serve customers with built-in recommendations.
Keep projects on time and under budget – Manage budgets and monitor progress of your projects with real-time data on available resources.
Optimize your operations – Streamline your manufacturing and warehousing operations to deliver products on time and reduce costs.
- Basic General Ledger - Set up a company and start posting to the general ledger, chart of accounts, general journals, VAT facilities, recurring journals, and source codes.
- Budgets - Work with budgets in general ledger accounts.
- Deferrals - Set up deferral templates that automate the process of deferring revenues and expenses over a pre-defined schedule.
- Fixed Assets - Keep track of fixed assets and related transactions such as acquisitions, depreciations, write-downs, appreciations and disposals.
- Receivables - Post sales transactions in journals and manage receivables; register customers and manage receivables using general journals.
- Audit Trails - The system automatically assigns audit trails and posting descriptions to every transaction. In addition, users can define reason codes to create complementary audit trails.
- Bank Account Management - Create, operate, and manage multiple bank accounts for catering to your diverse business needs and across different currencies.
- Reconciliation - Reconcile your bank statement data automatically to open bank account ledger entries end keep track of all your bank statements.
- Dimensions - Add unlimited dimensions to any ledger for advanced transaction analyses.
- Currencies - Manage multiple currencies throughout the system, including payables and receivables, general ledger reports, resource and inventory items, and bank accounts.
- Production Orders - Create and manage production orders and post consumption and output to the production orders.
- Version Management - Create and manage different version of the manufacturing bill of materials and routings.
- Agile Manufacturing - Plan rush hours, make exceptions, and handle last-minute changes to your processes with multiple planning options.
- Supply Planning - Plan for material requirements based on demand, with support for master production scheduling and materials requirements planning.
- Demand Forecasting - Plan and create production and purchase orders, taking into consideration the demand forecast together with the level of available inventory and parameters of requirement planning.
- Capacity Planning - Add capacities to the manufacturing process. Set up routings and use these routings on production orders and in material requirements planning.
- Machine Centres - Manage capacity on several levels; on a more detailed level for machine centres and on a consolidated level for work centers.
- Finite Loading - Take capacity constraints into account so that no more work is assigned to a work center than the capacities can be expected to execute during a given time period.
- Subcontracting - Allows companies to send raw materials, unfinished goods, or partially finished goods for further processing elsewhere.
- Resources - Register and sell resources, combine related resources into one resource group, or track individual resources.
- Estimates - Monitor resource usage and get a complete overview of your capacity for each resource with information about availability and planned costs on orders and quotes.
- Jobs - Keep track of usage on jobs and data for invoicing the customer. Manage both fixed-price jobs and time-and-materials jobs.
- Time Sheets - Time sheets are a simple and flexible solution for time registration with manager approval and integrate with Service, Jobs and Resources.
- Multiple Languages - Switch languages on the client in real time, provided that the desired language is available.
- Reason Codes - Define a set of reason codes that can be assigned to individual transactions throughout the system, providing user-defined audit trails.
- Extended Text - Set up an unlimited number of lines to describe inventory items, resources and general ledger accounts.
- Intrastat Reporting - Automatically retrieve the necessary data to report Intrastat information to statistics authorities. Local customs authorities can inform you whether your company is obligated to file such a report.
- Outlook Integration - Synchronize your to-do items and your contacts with your meetings, tasks, and contacts in Outlook.
Supply Chain Management
- Sales Order Management - Manage sales orders, blanket sales orders, and sales order processes.
- Purchase Order Management - Manage purchases, blanket orders, and purchase order processes.
- Locations - Manage inventory in multiple locations that may represent a production plant, distribution center, warehouse, showroom, retail outlet or service car.
- Item Transfers - Track inventory as it’s moved from one location to another and account for the value of inventory in transit at various locations.
- Warehouse Management - Warehouse functionality in Business Central can be implemented in different complexity levels, depending on a company’s processes and order volume.
- Assembly Management - To support companies that supply products to their customers by combining components in simple processes without the need of manufacturing functionality, Business Central includes features to assemble items that integrate with existing features, such as sales, planning, reservations, and warehousing.
Service Order Management
- Service Orders - Register your after-sales issues including service requests, services due, service orders, and repair requests.
- Service Price Management - Set up, maintain, and monitor your service prices.
- Service Item Management - Record and keep track of all your service items, including contract information, component management, and BOM reference and warranty information.
- Service Contract Management - Record details on service levels, response times, and discount levels, as well as on the service history of each contract, including used service items and parts and labor hours.
- Planning - Assign personnel to work orders and log details such as work order handling and work order status.
- Dispatching - Manage service personnel and field technician information, and filter according to availability, skills, and stock items.
Customer Relationship Management
- Contacts - Maintain an overview of your contacts and record your contact information for all business relationships.
- Campaigns - Organize campaigns based on segments of your contacts that you define.
- Opportunity Management - Keep track of sales opportunities, section your sales processes into different stages, and use this information to manage your sales opportunities.
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Integration - Integrate with Dynamics 365 for Sales in a few easy steps to synchronize your data, including sales orders, item availability, units of measure, and currencies.
- Employees - Group and track employee information and organize employee data according to different types of information, such as experience, skills, education, training, and union membership.
- Expense Management - Post expenses against employee cards to track and reimburse their expenses.
Our Experience in your Industry
We know your Industry
Microsoft Dynamics ERP works in all key industries and drives business efficiency by streamlining your business processes. Use ERP to integrate your existing software so you have a single view of your key processes enabling you to make better, more informed decisions based on real-time, up-to-date data.
ProStrategy partner with Microsoft Dynamics to provide customers with best-in-class ERP software. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central / Nav is a versatile, user friendly system that will help you achieve your strategic business goals. We have delivered ERP projects across a wide range of industries-we know what it takes to ensure your project is a success!
Our Consultancy Services - How We Can Help You
Since 1985, ProStrategy have steadily built up its technology, business and industry experience and are recognised as one of the leading Gold Certified Microsoft Partners in Ireland for Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Dynamics 365, LS Nav & SI Foodware NAV. With over 150 customers; our experience and depth of knowledge is what differentiates ProStrategy from other partners.
With over 30 years experience in delivering projects to our customers, we know what’s needed to ensure your project is a success and that comes down to Planning, Methodology, Implementation, Management, Support and Training.
Our customers trust us and have been doing so for over 30 years. So check out what they have to say about us just below.
Bio-Medical Research Ltd
…it has allowed us to implement a lot of efficiencies in the business.”
Tom Neill, Finance Director
The Reliance Bearing & Gear Co. Ltd
Eddie Cagney, Finance Director
Eamon Holmes, Financial Controller
Paul Lyons, Finance Director
Áine Lecky, Financial Controller
Joe Cashman, IT/HR Manager
Gem Pack Foods
Oliver Cronin, Finance Director
Europrise Co Limited
Mary Hill, Managing Director
Eleanor Dempsey, Business Transformation Manager
Training with ProStrategy
So you’ve made the decision, selected your software, implementation is underway and you are shortly due to go live. So much to organise and yet often the crucial process of incorporating an end-user strategy is forgotten – arguably the most important. Unless your staff are trained on using your new software, you cannot expect to reap the full benefits of the investment.
ProStrategy can help you acquire the knowledge and expertise needed to maximise the return on your investment. We offer a comprehensive range of training to complement our portfolio of IT solutions and products. ProStrategy offer a wide range of technical, high-end and bespoke courses delivered by certified trainers with real-life practical experience.
Our Support Services - How We Can Help You
ProStrategy have built relationships by providing high quality support and open access to our people. The ProStrategy team are only a call or e-mail away and provide customers with a safety net when things go wrong. The highly trained team, whose average experience is over 10 years, treat every support case as high priority and work tirelessly to provide a resolution or feasible work-around. ProStrategy work with each customer to tailor their support package so that it best suits their needs in line with their expertise.
Samples of Support that ProStrategy Offers:
- Telephone, help-desk, remote and onsite technical support
- Customisation and development
Customer Success Stories
Food safety and quality are one of the most important fundamentals within the food industry. However, the continuous change in quality standards makes it even more diﬃcult for businesses to... License Migration Transition (LMT) upgrade from Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premise Microsoft is offering Dynamics GP customers with an active enhancement plan the... Do you know precisely where your products are sourced – and from what? These days, consumers want to know for sure if all the food they consume is truly healthy, clean, safe and of the...
Food safety and quality are one of the most important fundamentals within the food industry. However, the continuous change in quality standards makes it even more diﬃcult for businesses to...
License Migration Transition (LMT) upgrade from Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premise Microsoft is offering Dynamics GP customers with an active enhancement plan the...
Do you know precisely where your products are sourced – and from what? These days, consumers want to know for sure if all the food they consume is truly healthy, clean, safe and of the...