Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Microsoft Dynamics Business Central will help you streamline your business processes, make smarter decisions and accelerate growth
Business Central SaaS has arrived!
Increase Financial Visibility – Accelerate financial close, chart financial performance in real time, and improve forecast accuracy while maintaining compliance and security.
Optimise your supply chain – Maximize profitability with an end-to-end view across operations, purchasing, manufacturing, inventory, and warehouse management.
Boost sales and improve service – Manage the sales process from start to finish within Outlook and deliver exceptional service with a connected view of customers and service operations.
Deliver projects on time and within budget – Plan and monitor your projects with real-time metrics on resources, profitability, tasks, and progress.
Benefits of Connecting your financials, sales, service and operations
Manage your financials
Make informed decisions – Connect data across accounting, sales, purchasing, inventory, and customer interactions to get an end-to-end view of your business. Chart financial performance in real time with built-in Power BI dashboards.
Accelerate financial close and reporting – Streamline accounts receivables and payables, and automatically reconcile accounts to close and report on financials quickly and accurately, while maintaining compliance.
Improve forecast accuracy – Refine financial forecasts by modeling and analyzing data across multiple dimensions. Customize reports using seamless Microsoft Excel integration.
Automate and secure your supply chain
Optimize inventory levels – Use built-in intelligence to predict when and what to replenish. Purchase only what you need with dynamically updated inventory levels.
Avoid lost sales and reduce shortages – Maintain the right amount of inventory by automatically calculating stock levels, lead times, and reorder points. Suggest substitutes when requested items are out of stock.
Maximize profitability – Get recommendations on when to pay vendors to use vendor discounts or avoid overdue penalties. Prevent unnecessary or fraudulent purchases through approval workflows.
Sell smarter and improve customer service
Deliver value at every touch point – Prioritize sales leads based on revenue potential. Keep track of all customer interactions and get guidance on best upsell, cross-sell, and renewal opportunities throughout your sales cycle.
Boost sales productivity – Accelerate the quote to cash process. Act quickly on sales-related inquiries, manage service requests, and process payments—all from within Outlook.
Deliver exceptional service – Gain a comprehensive overview of your service tasks, workloads, and employee skills to effectively assign resources and accelerate case resolution.
Keep projects on time and under budget
Stay on budget – Create, manage, and track customer projects using timesheets along with advanced job costing and reporting capabilities. Develop, modify, and control budgets to ensure project profitability.
Plan with precision – Manage resource levels by planning capacity and sales. Track invoicing for customers against planned costs on orders and quotes.
Analyze project performance – Make effective decisions with real-time insight on project status, profitability, and resource-usage metrics.
Optimize your operations
Manage forecasting to fulfillment – Use sales forecasts and expected stock-outs to automatically generate production plans and create purchase orders.
Run your warehousing efficiently – Get a holistic view of inventory for efficient order fulfilment. Track every item transaction and movement by setting up bins based on warehouse layout and storage unit dimensions.
Reach optimal output levels – Calculate and optimize manufacturing capacity and resources to improve production schedules and meet customer demands.
Protect your data and support GDPR compliance
Respect your customers’ privacy – Use built-in privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default methodologies to help your business comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Grant and restrict access to personal data on multiple levels and enable audit trails to ensure security and accountability.
Handle, store, and transmit data securely – Move and store personal data freely across your systems while protecting it from unauthorized access with Microsoft datacenters’ automatic encryption.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Capability
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Service Order Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Human Resources
- Basic General Ledger – Set up a company and start posting to the general ledger, chart of accounts, general journals, VAT facilities, recurring journals, and source codes.
- Budgets – Work with budgets in general ledger accounts.
- Deferrals – Set up deferral templates that automate the process of deferring revenues and expenses over a pre-defined schedule.
- Fixed Assets – Keep track of fixed assets and related transactions such as acquisitions, depreciations, write-downs, appreciations and disposals.
- Receivables – Post sales transactions in journals and manage receivables; register customers and manage receivables using general journals.
- Audit Trails – The system automatically assigns audit trails and posting descriptions to every transaction. In addition, users can define reason codes to create complementary audit trails.
- Bank Account Management – Create, operate, and manage multiple bank accounts for catering to your diverse business needs and across different currencies.
- Reconciliation – Reconcile your bank statement data automatically to open bank account ledger entries end keep track of all your bank statements.
- Dimensions – Add unlimited dimensions to any ledger for advanced transaction analyses.
- Currencies – Manage multiple currencies throughout the system, including payables and receivables, general ledger reports, resource and inventory items, and bank accounts.
- Production Orders – Create and manage production orders and post consumption and output to the production orders.
- Version Management – Create and manage different version of the manufacturing bill of materials and routings.
- Agile Manufacturing – Plan rush hours, make exceptions, and handle last-minute changes to your processes with multiple planning options.
- Supply Planning – Plan for material requirements based on demand, with support for master production scheduling and materials requirements planning.
- Demand Forecasting – Plan and create production and purchase orders, taking into consideration the demand forecast together with the level of available inventory and parameters of requirement planning.
- Capacity Planning – Add capacities to the manufacturing process. Set up routings and use these routings on production orders and in material requirements planning.
- Machine Centres – Manage capacity on several levels; on a more detailed level for machine centres and on a consolidated level for work centers.
- Finite Loading – Take capacity constraints into account so that no more work is assigned to a work center than the capacities can be expected to execute during a given time period.
- Subcontracting – Allows companies to send raw materials, unfinished goods, or partially finished goods for further processing elsewhere.
- Resources – Register and sell resources, combine related resources into one resource group, or track individual resources.
- Estimates – Monitor resource usage and get a complete overview of your capacity for each resource with information about availability and planned costs on orders and quotes.
- Jobs – Keep track of usage on jobs and data for invoicing the customer. Manage both fixed-price jobs and time-and-materials jobs.
- Time Sheets – Time sheets are a simple and flexible solution for time registration with manager approval and integrate with Service, Jobs and Resources.
- Multiple Languages – Switch languages on the client in real time, provided that the desired language is available.
- Reason Codes – Define a set of reason codes that can be assigned to individual transactions throughout the system, providing user-defined audit trails.
- Extended Text – Set up an unlimited number of lines to describe inventory items, resources and general ledger accounts.
- Intrastat Reporting – Automatically retrieve the necessary data to report Intrastat information to statistics authorities. Local customs authorities can inform you whether your company is obligated to file such a report.
- Outlook Integration – Synchronize your to-do items and your contacts with your meetings, tasks, and contacts in Outlook.
- Sales Order Management – Manage sales orders, blanket sales orders, and sales order processes.
- Purchase Order Management – Manage purchases, blanket orders, and purchase order processes.
- Locations – Manage inventory in multiple locations that may represent a production plant, distribution center, warehouse, showroom, retail outlet or service car.
- Item Transfers – Track inventory as it’s moved from one location to another and account for the value of inventory in transit at various locations.
- Warehouse Management – Warehouse functionality in Business Central can be implemented in different complexity levels, depending on a company’s processes and order volume.
- Assembly Management – To support companies that supply products to their customers by combining components in simple processes without the need of manufacturing functionality, Business Central includes features to assemble items that integrate with existing features, such as sales, planning, reservations, and warehousing.
- Service Orders – Register your after-sales issues including service requests, services due, service orders, and repair requests.
- Service Price Management – Set up, maintain, and monitor your service prices.
- Service Item Management – Record and keep track of all your service items, including contract information, component management, and BOM reference and warranty information.
- Service Contract Management – Record details on service levels, response times, and discount levels, as well as on the service history of each contract, including used service items and parts and labor hours.
- Planning – Assign personnel to work orders and log details such as work order handling and work order status.
- Dispatching – Manage service personnel and field technician information, and filter according to availability, skills, and stock items.
- Contacts – Maintain an overview of your contacts and record your contact information for all business relationships.
- Campaigns – Organize campaigns based on segments of your contacts that you define.
- Opportunity Management – Keep track of sales opportunities, section your sales processes into different stages, and use this information to manage your sales opportunities.
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Integration – Integrate with Dynamics 365 for Sales in a few easy steps to synchronize your data, including sales orders, item availability, units of measure, and currencies.
- Employees – Group and track employee information and organize employee data according to different types of information, such as experience, skills, education, training, and union membership.
- Expense Management – Post expenses against employee cards to track and reimburse their expenses.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central SaaS
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central SaaS is now available. It can be licensed two ways: Dynamics 365 Business Central Essentials or Dynamics 365 Business Central Premium. You can add Team Members, additional users that do not require full user capabilities for €7 per user per month.
- Read Access
- Limited Write Access
- Financial Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resources Management
- Warehouse Management
- Everything in Essential
- Service Management
Full users (previously known as Pro Users or Power Users) can choose between the Dynamics 365 Business Central Essentials or Dynamics 365 Business Central Premium depending on the functionalities needed. Examples include people in sales, customer service representatives, finance employees, supply chain managers, etc.
Team Members are additional users who perform light tasks and can read and update existing data, create quotes, read reports, enter time or expenses etc.
EXPLORE ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
Reinvent Business Productivity with Dynamics 365 and Office 365
Learn how to Connect People, Processes & Systems with Dynamics 365 and Office 365
Four Technology Trend's Helping Businesses Thrive in a Digital World
Learn how digital transformation can give your business a competitive advantage.
The Business Owner's Guide to Replacing Accounting Software
Identify the signs that you’ve outgrown your accounting software and get tips for upgrading to a cloud-based solution
Reimagine Productivity with Microsoft Dynamics 365
Learn how Business Central can help you be more productive and grow your business.
Watch Online Now
Overview: Dynamics 365 Business Central for Manufacturing
Overview: Dynamics 365 Business Central for Logistics and Distribution
Webinar: Dynamics 365
Webinar: Dynamics 365
Our Experience in your Industry
We know your Industry
Microsoft Dynamics ERP works in all key industries and drives business efficiency by streamlining your business processes. Use ERP to integrate your existing software so you have a single view of your key processes enabling you to make better, more informed decisions based on real-time, up-to-date data.
ProStrategy partner with Microsoft Dynamics to provide customers with best-in-class ERP software. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central / Nav is a versatile, user friendly system that will help you achieve your strategic business goals. We have delivered ERP projects across a wide range of industries-we know what it takes to ensure your project is a success!