CITYJET is a European regional airline based in Dublin, Ireland and operating a fleet of Avro, Bombardier and Superjet aircraft on scheduled and wet lease services across Europe. The airline was established in 1993 and pioneered services between Dublin and London City Airport in January 1994 under a franchise agreement with Virgin Atlantic Airways.
With IBM Cognos Express, we now have the ability to build multiple and powerful What-if scenario models..CITYJET
John Barry, Head of Finance
CITYJET take off with Cognos Analytics
In a market where Fuel Prices and Foreign Currency Exchanges were volatile, CITYJET partnered with ProStrategy to implement IBM Cognos TM1 to deliver a Route Planning and Analysis solution to provide visibility of revenue and costs factors associated with routes and to identify areas where profitability could be improved.
Eliminates dependency on individuals with detailed application knowledge
Automates weekly and monthly sales analytics, accelerating insight
Building a comprehensive view of sales performance
The Solution delivered for this project comprised of IBM Cognos and empowered CITYJET to:
- Perform detailed Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting by both Route and Aircraft Type; easily review Performance and Profitability of Routes at different Margin-levels which supports critical decision making in Opening/Closing Routes, or Leasing/Purchasing new Aircraft.
- On-the-fly What-if Scenario Modelling/Analysis capabilities; the Airline Industry is highly susceptible to constantly changing external factors such as fuel prices or FX Rates, therefore it is crucial to quickly Model the impact of Macro Economical Changes. The Impact Analysis of Changing Fuel Prices and FX Rates can now be completed in less than 45 seconds.
- Model New Routes and Aircraft Types in minutes, this could take days/weeks previously and sometimes even then rely more on intuition than fact.
- Merge all Flight Operational and Financial Data into a Centralised Data warehouse, this facilitates quick analysis of important industry standard KPIs; such as Costs per ASK, number of Passengers and Flights, Revenue per ASK, Yield per PAX, etc.
- Immediately see the profitability impact of changing conditions like maintenance contracts, aircraft lease contracts, assumptions in yield per PAX or Load Factor; with Planning Analytics users can change any of the underlying parameters that flows through immediately to the Route-level P&L.
Staff members using solution
Partners made this year